Full sinewave output, including:
Software selectable functions for:
Selling and Buying,
Paralleling many Hydra inverters
Power Station Inverter -
Hydra Power Station is a fully independent power
source. It includes an inverter-charger, an automatic load transfer
switch, a stand-by generator starter, a charge control device for
solar or wind generator, a fully detailed display, and very intelligent
and flexible software.
The software maximizes the energy delivered by the
renewable sources, while keeping the batteries in a healthy level.
The system with the default programmed values is
ready to install and function. However by programming new working
parameters in its non volatile memory it can adapt to custom installations
and various working environments.
It is usually offered in full sinewave output
waveform, but on command saturated or modified sinewave output
waveforms are also available.
Hydra stand-alone Inverters deliver clean AC power
from 12V, 24V or 48V dc sources. Other dc voltage sources, up to
480 Volt are also available on request.
They are available in modified sinewave waveform,
in <3% THD pure sinewave, or in saturated sinewave waveform, with a
THD ranging from <3% for low and medium loads, going up to 10
% for the nominal load.
They are designed to provide all the necessary
functions and utilities which offer a fully automated user friendly
and care free operation.
Grid Connected Inverters
Hydra grid connected Inverters are sinewave only
power sources. They follow the grid voltage and frequency in
programmable and wide variations, being therefore able to cope even
with less stable generators or grids.
They are software programmable to operate in four different
Selling only energy: used to sell energy to the grid
from renewable sources, with a maximum power point transfer function
Selling and Buying: as above, but with a synchronous
charger function included to charge the system batteries. In both
modes cos φ is about 0.99 . The software optimizes the selling
function, to maximize the overall system efficiency.
Selling and Buying with UPS operation: as above, but
with a protected output to support a critical load by both sources.
Even while in buying mode, the load is fully supported in case of grid
Paralleling in slave mode: paralleling is possible
simply by modifying a single threshold value in each unit. Each unit
undertakes load sequentially in order to minimize the system idle
Common Features (where applicable):
- Micro-processor based design with alphanumeric
led display for full monitoring and control of the Hydra power
- Independent and automated built-in 3 stage
charger according to IUoU DIN41772 specifications, keeps batteries
charged and healthy. Adjustable max charging current to suit every
battery capacity. Temperature compensated full battery voltage
threshold assures optimal four seasons operation. Monitoring of
the charging state, of the Ah sent to or drawn from the batteries,
of the actual battery voltage and temperature, of the expected
autonomy duration in hours.
- Free contact to start power generator on low
battery voltage combined with the internal clock, with generator voltage monitor and automated
- Automated and synchronized power relay to switch
over the load between the generator and the inverter by continuous
analysis of the incoming AC voltage quality and frequency.
- Built – in solar or wind generator charge
- High efficiency, high power inverter delivers
true RMS stabilized, modified sinewave or pure sinewave, or
saturated sinewave AC power to practically any load.
- Extremely low idle current ensures high total
efficiency even at low loads. Scanning mode with adjustable
starting load consumes negligible current and automates the
function of the inverter.
- Monitoring of the inverter true RMS AC output
voltage, of the percentage of the load, of the battery voltage, of
the Ah consumed, of the power module and of the power transformer
- Visual and selectable audible early warning
alarms signaling undesirable trends or situations.
- Error situation signaling and intelligent
automated timed retrials, automatically adapted to any specific
- Two years limited guarantee
- Charger UIoU 3 stage according to
- Adjustable max current set.
- Temperature compensated battery voltage
- Modified, saturated or pure sine wave output.
- Full bridge operation suitable for complete
energy recovery and problem free operation of reactive loads.
- Adjustable starting load - Auto delayed stop.
- Less than 10W self consumption when working
(Typical value up to 3000 VA).
- Power Switch: Phase synchronized fast
- Intelligent switch-over through continuous
quality monitoring of the generator power.
- Continuous battery voltage monitor to start
generator on low battery voltage.
- Low battery remote warning with free relay
- Display of the RMS and peak generator voltage,
- Continuous measurement of the Ah given to and
taken from battery.
- Display of the actual expected autonomy.
- Early warning messages on display for high load,
high internal temperature, low battery voltage.
- Audible buzzer with selectable features.
- Error messages on display for overload,
- RS 232 serial interface to monitor and control
remotely the Hydra power box. (Option)
- Two auxiliary no - nc contacts. One to start an
external generator, and the other user programmable.
- Front panel led display to monitor via cyclic
operation through a press button of all the operating parameters.
- Actual RMS load as a percentage % of the nominal
power, allows an efficient loading of the Hydra inverter